Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 2: Modeling

I have completed my second week of 3D Foundations and I am now  already halfway through the course. This week we moved from blocking out objects to actually modeling them. I am most proud of the eye-screw model because it was challenging. The biggest problem I faced was making the grooves. I had a lot of trouble making the grooves form to the shape of the screw itself, especially at the tip. After spending a lot of time manipulating the vertices and faces of the helix, along with testing out the soft selection tool for the first time, I was finally able to make the helix the fit the eye-screw.

In regards to the rest of the eye-screw, I started off with a cylinder and used the extrude tool to form the object's shape accurately. This model took me about 3 hours to complete and I am very proud of what I accomplished. Check out some pictures below:


 The shaded final product of the eye-screw.

 The wireframe of the eye-screw.

The grooves on the tip of the eye-screw model.

No comments:

Post a Comment